The Millom Benefice consists of two parishes, Millom and Thwaites, led by our Priest-in-Charge, Revd Clive Shaw and Assistant Curate, Revd Carl Carter.

As well as the town of Millom, the Millom parish includes the villages of Haverigg and The Hill, while Thwaites parish serves scattered outlying settlements, including The Green, Hallthwaites, Arnaby, Ladyhall, Broadgate and Swinside. In the Millom parish, there are three churches, Holy Trinity, St George’s and St Luke’s and in Thwaites parish, St Anne’s.

Each church has its own distinct atmosphere. It is likely that Christians have worshipped on the Holy Trinity site for at least a thousand years, and worshippers today enter the church through a doorway dating back to about 1120 AD. St Anne’s Church (consecrated 1854), St George’s (1877) and St Luke’s (1891) are Victorian buildings in different medieval styles, and all three remind us of the ambitions and aspirations of their builders for their own communities.

Click on the image of each church above to read more about it.